Monday, April 11, 2011

thanks, Stephanie!

I met with Business Banking staffer Stephanie today, at my local PNC branch, and she did a great job of giving me the lowdown on how to proceed with the creation of a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. The first thing I need to do is file with the IRS for an "exception status," and once the IRS sends back its approval, I'll be meeting with Stephanie again to discuss the next steps in the process.

I also learned that my idea of involving kids in my project is a good one: Stephanie noted that many kids, especially high schoolers, often need to meet community service requirements of some sort or other (due to involvement in a service-oriented club, for example).

So for the moment, it's going to be a matter of downloading forms, filling them out, and waiting on tenterhooks for a response from the IRS. Wish me luck as we get the ball rolling.


_

3 comments:

Charles said...

Again, good luck!

I wouldn't worry too much about the "exception status." We already know you're exceptional--and anyone who says differently is just a bold-faced liar!

Bratfink said...

Hey Kev!

I ordered one of your mugs! Can't wait to get it into my hot little hands!

I hope the sale helps The Walk!

~~the (not spoiled) Bratfink

Kevin Kim said...

Charles,

Har har.

Brat,

Thanks for ordering! If you could get 10,000 other friends to do that, I'd be most appreciative.