Tuesday, October 20, 2009

the last few sand grains in the hourglass

I'm just about out of prescription medicine. The cough syrup ran out a few days back, and I'm almost out of expectorant tabs and amoxicillin. The antibiotic didn't do anything: I still have a rattling cough, which has been with me for 23 days, now. Still no signs of pneumonia-- no blood or fever-- and still no headaches or inordinate fatigue. My energy level seems about the same. Nothing has changed in over three weeks, so maybe a lack of medicine won't make much difference. I've also been taking vitamins on the side; I sometimes wonder whether it's more the vitamins than anything else that are keeping me at equilibrium: I was taking them even before I visited that CVS clinic.

We'll see how this plays out. They say bronchitis usually needs to go away on its own, and that it lasts on average about two to three weeks. This morning, I felt as if I hadn't produced nearly as much lung-goo as usual, but later in the day, I started coughing and rattling again. Upshot: I have no idea whether I'm improving. Today feels slightly better than other days, but I may be mistaken.


_

No comments: