Monday, July 13, 2009

done in a flash

Today's trip to the hospital went by so quickly that it was almost as though we hadn't even gone. I left home with Mom at 1:07PM; we drove through decent traffic and arrived at the hospital at 1:38PM, walking into the radiology department around 1:42. At 1:50, a staffer came out with a wheelchair for Mom and took her back for her treatment. By 2PM, Mom was done-- poof. We checked out and were back on the road by 2:05PM. Incredible.

Fairfax Hospital has done this before, I noticed: they'll sometimes take a patient early if they have the time to do so. That's a very good thing, in my opinion, and I thank the hospital for taking the opportunity to be more than prompt when it can be. I know there'll be days when treatment will occur late, but thus far, after four treatments, Mom has started and finished early 50% of the time. Not a bad track record.


_

No comments: