Thursday, June 4, 2009

another MRI?

I heard from Sean (he and David arrived during lunch) that Mom is slated for a second, more detailed MRI, as the results from the first don't seem to give a clear indication of what's going on inside Mom's head-- specifically, the blood flow inside her brain, and the extent to which that circulation is nourishing the remnants of the tumor.

When I was up in Mom's room (I'm in the cafeteria as I type this on my BlackBerry's minuscule keyboard), a nurse came in and gave Mom an injection through her stomach to counter the possibility of DVT (deep vein thrombosis).

A Presbyterian chaplain named Betty visited Mom, and as she was leaving, Pastor Jeri arrived. I suppose you can't overdose on prayer (or can you?).

Sean is up with Mom now; Dad and David are sitting across from me in the cafeteria. We're all pretty quiet.

More later.


_

No comments: