Thursday, April 2, 2009

possible delay

The Korean office for which I've been working has given me plenty of proofreading to do, but they've also been dragging their feet regarding pay. This is a serious problem, as the expected paycheck is for a significant amount, and I absolutely need to have it in the bank before I can lock down my travel dates, do some last-minute shopping, etc. I should have received payment about a week ago, but I heard only this evening that payment will be sent tomorrow (Seoul time), and is expected to take 3-10 business days to arrive. In my experience, wire transfers usually take only 2-3 business days, at most, between Korea and the US, so I have no idea why the bank staffers told my boss that it could take up to 10 days.

The net effect of the wire transfer delay will be a further delay in my start date, which I had projected for Easter weekend in order to clear April 6, my parents' anniversary. So-- to my readers in Irrigon, Umatilla, and Walla Walla: I may be later than I'd thought, and I apologize.

Looking more realistically at the terrain I'll be traveling through, I've also concluded that working off my laptop will be nearly impossible for long stretches of my walk, especially in the upcoming states (Idaho, Utah, and especially Wyoming). I'm probably going to ask my Korean bosses to accept my temporary resignation-- or should I call this a "furlough"?

While this is frustrating, it may also be a good thing, as it gives me a bit more prep time.


_

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

More thyme for BUSCH GARDENS, BABY!