Wednesday, January 28, 2009

damn my honesty

So I finished the 20-pager for my HUFS job, then got an email from my main job, the one with BK. Because the email was written in somewhat broken English, I found it hard to tell whether BK was planning to pay me for both December and January, or just for December (which is what I've been led to expect). The email requested a confirmation of the word counts for January; I opened their Excel file attachment and saw that they had me down for a little over 29,000 words. I, too, have been keeping a spreadsheet, but my own records show me as having done a little over 27,000 words for January. I did a comparison, and it turns out my count is the correct one: BK added an extra assignment to my list, thereby padding the word count. I dutifully emailed BK with the news-- good for them, bad for me.

Bollocks!


_

No comments: