Tuesday, November 4, 2008

your morning sausage links

It's Erection Day! So get out there and show your love to the candidates of your choice! I'm walking over to the local elementary school in a couple hours to go cast my vote for the first time ever on American soil. I've been told that things get crowded both before and after work hours, so I'm waiting until after 10AM before strolling over.

Meantime, some links passed to me by my buddy Tom:

1. How far would you go for bigger breastuses?

2. This one's been making the rounds, so I saw it already, but in case you haven't: praying before a "golden calf" to improve the economy. After you read that, go read my recent post on the problems with petitionary prayer.

I'm not going to encourage you to vote; there's plenty of hortatory rhetoric going around already. If you choose not to vote, however, I ask that you do so for the right reason: make sure you're informed of your choices, then follow your conscience. Unlike many fruit loops who tell you that "If you don't vote, you have no right to complain," I consider non-voting a legitimate part of the political process, and you have every right to complain about what happens after the election. If you look at the menu and all you see are shit sandwiches, you're lucky to live in a country that allows you to walk out of the restaurant (quite unlike certain "democracies" that legally oblige you to vote, which is nonsense). I've voted only once before, and in most cases I was sitting out the election for reasons of conscience; I understand the conscientious non-voter's perspective. This time around, I feel moved to vote, but who knows what I'll do during the next election cycle?

Whatever you do, do it mindfully.


_

No comments: