Friday, November 7, 2008

whew

It took a few days, but I finally uploaded all the products currently on sale over at Kevin's Wares. Go check 'em out.

A note about the images:

Photobucket, the service at which I'm storing the brush art images, doesn't seem to have a proper thumbnail function, so the pics you see on the blog, which are huge, are also cut off. I'm going to see what I can do to improve the situation, but in the meantime, please just CLICK on the image to see it fully, then click again (if your browser allows you a "magnify" function) to see it full-size. Seeing the brush art at full size will allow you to read the little black panel that offers you information about the product in question.

So, a quick roundup of what's on sale over at the other blog:

1. Six copies of my book Water from a Skull, taken out of storage (where they'd been since the book signing last June), and perfectly new. $15 a copy, first come, first served.

2. Nine copies of my book Scary Spasms in Hairy Chasms, also taken out of storage and perfectly new. $10 a copy, first come, first served.

3. The D&D books have been sold!

4. 46 pieces of brush art ranging from abstract Chinese calligraphy to tigers to Kevin's self-portrait to the best dalma-do I've ever painted. These pieces are being auctioned.

OK... hope to see you at Kevin's Wares!


_

5 comments:

melancholy donut said...

hello. i plan to bid but not until closer to auction end.

i promise i wont bid at the last minute but i would like to confirm that when you wrote "midnight" you mean midnight in virginia (eastern standard)... thanks! im surprised at what youve put up for auction!

Kevin Kim said...

Yes, Eastern Standard. I did mention it in the blog's intro post, but the info's buried under all those images.

Surprised? In a good way?


Kevin

Jelly said...

Hey Kevin - if you click on "edit" in Photobucket and then "basic" you can resize to any dimension you want. There's also a drop down menu of pre-set sizes. If I type 400 into the 1st box, pics fit perfectly into my blogger. I always then "save a copy" because I found there are some glitches with "re-write exisiting copy." Then you can delete the original image iffen you want. Sometimes blogger is a bit stubborn about putting up the new image, but eventually it happens.

Kevin Kim said...

Jelly,

Thanks. I think, however, that the "resize" function reduces the actual file; it doesn't create a thumbnail that coexists with the original. I need to keep the full-size image because, were I to shrink the photos, the text inside the black boxes would be completely unreadable.


Kevin

Jelly said...

Ah, but still - you could create a smaller version and post that as well. Iffen you wanted. I'm going to Seoul now,...byebye!!