Wednesday, November 5, 2008

well, well!

I appear to be the victim of identity theft. Someone has made about $150 worth of charges using my PNC check card's number. How they got hold of it, I'll never know.

Luckily, the damage isn't extensive-- my funds have been so low that not much could have been done with my check card. I still have the card, but PayPal confirms that "unusual activity" occurred with it, which matches the unusual activity I saw about a week ago when I reviewed my PNC bank account. So I have two issues to resolve: the PNC check card issue, and a PayPal "restricted access" issue-- a measure PayPal takes for their customers' safety, or so they say. I'm awaiting a document from PNC about the mystery charge; I'll have to dispute the charge and then work with PayPal.

In other news: more resumes have been sent out. My French student appears to be weaseling out on me, but that's why I have a "pay up front, no refunds" policy: it acts like a kill fee and keeps me from getting financially hurt by wishy-washy parties. I've already received money for three lessons; it feels like being paid to do nothing.

More on all this later.


_

No comments: