Friday, November 7, 2008

finally: the redesign

Well, I hope my commenter's happy: no more "Kevin's Wank."



I removed the hiker icon, which meant that I lost the Christian cross that had hovered over the hiker's heart. After some deliberation, I decided I needed to (1) keep the original "negative space" motif and (2) put the cross in a place where its presence wouldn't interrupt the flow of someone reading the text-- hence its new home inside the W.

You'll have noticed the new subtitle. It's not necessarily a replacement for the previous one; it's simply another slogan. The overall effect will be, I hope, to get a reader of the bumper sticker curious about a dude who appears to be walking across the country for some sort of religion-related purpose. The phrase "many religions" ought to alert the reader that this isn't a "religious quest" in the normal sense-- i.e., someone of a specific tradition engaging in a pilgrimage.

I struggled over whether to include the blog URL. To my mind, a person who's curious enough about a particular phrase will, in this day and age, automatically Google it. In the end, though, I decided to risk squeezing in the URL, just to make sure people were guided to the right place. After all, the search string "kevin's walk" leads to more than just my humble blog.

The new bumper stickers are already up at the Kevin's Walk section of my CafePress site. I hope you'll buy some. Heck, shop around at my CafePress store! Christmas is coming, and you know you need to buy some gifts!


_

1 comment:

Becky said...

I like it! Quite the improvement. And it's a tough call putting the blog link on there or not, but it's all subjective as to whether or not it's good or bad. I think it turned out great.

Glad to see the renovations are coming along, as well. Good luck, and stay warm!