Sunday, October 26, 2008

whew, glad that's done

I just finished writing up a 49-lesson curriculum calendar for my first French tutoree. I'm relying on a Barron's book, Learn French the Fast and Fun Way, as the basal text, and am using a website run by-- of all places-- the University of Texas (Austin) for purposes of audio reinforcement. It's called Le français interactif, and despite a few typos, it seems pretty solid. I plan to toss in other multimedia resources as I can, but I don't want to inundate the woman I'm teaching.

In the morning, I plan to take a walk-- my first in over a week. Both my knees are a bit achy, but I've been itching to be out and about instead of trapped here during all the renovation. The work crew is never here over the weekend, which usually gives us a chance to relax, but I still had this curriculum to write, and that took several hours.

It's after 2AM as I write this, and I'm too tired to put up the promised pictures. The process of converting them to blog-friendly format isn't difficult, but it is time-consuming, so I'll save that project for tomorrow. In the meantime, I'll attempt to distract you with some surreal haiku:

"Don't kill me!" it cries.
My spoon stops an inch above
quivering oatmeal

drunken earthworms howl
songs of purple lust, then they
puke and stumble home

squid slips on a thong
one that was made for a beast
sporting nine crotches

I open the door
see a deer on my toilet
playing Sudoku

ponder armpit hair
or here's a better idea:
let's NOT ponder it



_

No comments: