Monday, October 27, 2008

halfway

I just finished five miles of the ten-mile walk I should have done yesterday, and am tapping this post out while sitting on a concrete stage at the events pavilion of Fort Hunt Park. The park's entrance is at about Mile 2.75, but the restrooms are about a quarter-mile in, rounding my walk off at five miles.

I'll be heading back after a quick skip to ma' loo. The regular loo isn't working; the park service has a sign up saying they shut off the park's water.

This morning, poor Dad was disappointed not to have a hearty breakfast of eggs and whatnot from the camp kitchen; instead, he got cereal. But unlike me, Dad's not a grumbler, so he took the disappointment in stride. I might make him breakfast burritos for lunch. Assuming I'm back at the house in time.

Dad's on the road right now, acquiring more cargo skids on which to place, well, pretty much the rest of our house. The attic needs to be cleared out in the next couple of days, as do the living room and all the upstairs bedrooms: the upstairs is getting a brand-new hardwood floor. We'll also be taking out some more of the downstairs furniture in preparation for the dust storm I talked about in the previous post.

Right... time to mosey on back home. Ah, but first-- butt first! To the toilet, men!


_

No comments: