Monday, September 29, 2008

when custard attacks

I imagine that, somewhere out there, a Frenchman is reading this and laughing.

Slightly more substantive blogging later this evening, when the crew leaves. The parents are surveying the destruction and thinking that we might want to go out for dinner tonight. I've been pretty much useless since this morning, but am thinking I need to convert our backyard into a camp kitchen-- the least I can do for my folks. Aside from moving a few heavy objects hither and thither, there's little for me to do, except to stand aside and let the pros do their work.

I might also set up my and the parents' tents; the inside of the house is so full of mosquitoes that tents might actually be more comfortable than sleeping inside. The past two nights, I've been sleeping on a downstairs couch. It's nice, but at this point I'm more used to my tent, I think.


_

No comments: