Monday, September 22, 2008

no pain is a gain

I was outside weeding Bob's front yard for a few hours today to earn the cash to pay Mechelle the final $35 of a $135 debt ($130 rent plus $5 for half a pizza-- a very good pizza, as it turned out). After a while, I noticed that the knee was doing just fine despite all the squatting and kneeling. Eez gud nooz.

Bob drove me over to Mechelle's, where I dropped off her spare key (I'd forgotten to give it back to her), gave her her money (she had told me I didn't need to pay it, which was nice of her), and picked up the second FedEx package from Dad: Photoshop Elements 4.

I'm doing laundry right now; while the clothes are perking, I plan to install the program, shortly after which graphical mayhem will ensue.

I'll have to get creative about some of the design work. If, for example, I want to make mug designs with my cartoons or hand-drawn Chinese characters, I'll have to shoot the images with my digicam since I lack a scanner. While the lens does create a very slight fisheye effect, this should be easy to correct in Photoshop, where you can reverse or undo such distortion.

So I'm excited. I'm also hopeful that some of you might be interested in whatever I come up with.

A wild thought occurred to me a little earlier: I'd like to hunt down some theater geeks and have them perform living sculptures reflecting the concepts of exclusivism, inclusivism, and pluralism. They'll assume each position, I'll shoot it at hi-res on the digicam, and then I'll make some posters like those motivational ones you've seen-- courage, perseverance, etc. With CafePress, it's easy to upload one's design and apply it to a product, so I might have some posters ready within a week. The hard part will be rounding up theater people and convincing them to allow me to make money off their images. (I'll credit their troupe on the poster-- free publicity for them.)

I'm going to tomorrow's Spirituali-Tea, which is about meditation and mindfulness. I'll be tempted to talk at length on the topic, but will instead abide by my promise to shut up this time around. I talked more than enough last week. While at the tea, I'll check to see who might be associated with the theater. Here's hoping I can find about seven to ten people.

Cross your eyestalks for me.


_

2 comments:

Britt Elizabeth Verstegen said...

Eyestalk crossing is extremely painful, but for you? I'll do it.

Kevin Kim said...

Eye appreciate it.


Kevin