Friday, September 12, 2008

it is accomplished

I've updated the blogroll with old friends and new; I've added categories like "The Walk in the News" and "Followers" (two more followers and I'll have my twelve disciples! ROCK AND ROLL!); I've uploaded all the YouTube vids I have, a process that took an eon; I've acknowledged two out of three September birthdays (my brother David's birthday is the 14th)...

... and it seems we're now ready to start a-transcribin' in earnest.

You can expect more blog posts, of course; I won't be spending my time only on transcription. But the current diarrhetic output will slow to a warm trickle. Let's hope that, within a week, I'll have a whole mess of transcripts up here for you.

Oh, yes--in the next few minutes I'll add a link to the "Interactions" category: the partially transcripted conversation with Mr. Satpal Sidhu of the Guru Nanak Gursikh Gurdwara in Lynden, Washington.

And away we go.


_

3 comments:

Charles said...

So I guess you're not going to be uploading the actual sound files themselves, just transcribing them?

Kevin Kim said...

It would be a pretty awful thing for me to do, to forgo using your upload feature after all the trouble you went through to set it up.

I'd still like to use it, but one problem from my end is that the uploading of large files through the narrow and unstable pipeline of the WiFi connection is a risky proposition at best. That long YouTube video was 140MB, and it took literally all night to upload through a low-signal connection at Mechelle's house. It's a miracle that the connection didn't conk out during the upload. It did conk out at some point afterward, though.

Upshot: the upload will happen, but for it to happen quickly, I'll need a high-speed connection through a wall jack, I think.

Sorry, man.


Kevin

Jelly said...

Ahem* My barfday's the 18th. I expect a blogparty with Walla Walla cake here. Ty.