Thursday, September 18, 2008

brace yourself

I survived yesterday without pain meds, took no pain meds this morning, and am on my way to campus without a brace. I do have my "cane," though.

My mother likes to growl, "I'm sick of being sick!" whenever she's down for a long time. I know the feeling. I don't like relying on pain meds, and am impatient to reach a point where I can walk normally, cane- and pain-free. I'm hoping that, today, I'll be able to make it without a brace at all. As long as I walk carefully and make efforts not to torque the knee, there should be no problem.

Also: I recorded three new videos for YouTube, but one of them has me rambling for 16 minutes. I might split the thing into pieces with Movie Maker, or try to upload it whole either via YouTube's uploader (there are vids longer than 16 minutes on there) or via Photobucket. Does Picasa do movies? I'll have to check.

The first vid is a quick survey of different types of pluralism. The second offers a quick correction of something I said in the first vid about Buddhism. The third-- the long vid-- goes over the more substantive critiques of the major pluralisms and touches upon some replies to those critiques.


_

2 comments:

Britt Elizabeth Verstegen said...

Is they up yet? I canna find them.

Kevin Kim said...

I'll be sure to announce them when they're ready to go. They might be somewhat lower-quality than the others; I used MS Movie Maker to shrink file sizes in order to decrease upload time. Each upload has to take place within the 30-minute interval allotted to me on the campus library computer. I can use the library WiFi all day, but it kicks me off the system every 30 minutes. If I start a long download too late in the cycle, the data flow will get cut off and the downoad'll have to be restarted from scratch, which is a waste of time. Better to shrink file sizes and reduce the risk of cutoffs.


Kevin