Friday, August 1, 2008

it's raining again

I hope my hosts for tonight won't mind that I'll be setting up my tent on their property to air it out.

I'm walking about 15 miles to Underwood, Washington. Part of the walk includes a crossing of the Hood River Bridge, which according to my host can be done only by hitchhiking, so today will be my first experience with that. I've never put my thumb up for a car before.

Hey...I didn't eat anything yesterday! I think I was more thirsty-- and tired-- than hungry; I crawled into my tent before 8PM and went to sleep, woke up cold around 2:30AM, deployed my sleeping bag as a blanket, and went back to sleep.

More later, but BlackBerrying in the rain isn't a good idea, so updates won't be frequent.


_

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now yew know how Steve forghatte tew eatie somethymes.