Saturday, July 26, 2008

what happens now?

Today, I'm checking out of the Cascade Motel (which I highly recommend to travelers), but cannot move down the street to the KOA campsite, which is booked solid through today. I was told, however, that I could "have [my] pick" of tent sites tomorrow (Sunday).

So the plan is either to walk up the street to stay one extra night in a different motel, or to walk over to the RV campsite (where I took the Canada geese pics yesterday) and see if I can stay there one night. I wouldn't mind simply extending my stay here at the Cascade Motel an extra night, but if I'm not mistaken, this unit is spoken for, so I have to vacate the premises.

I'm staying in Cascade Locks an extra couple of days because there's a good chance I'll be interviewed by the local press, and I might be interviewing at least two people here. Along with that, I've got some trip planning to do, as I've found a map that provides info on some stops that might shorten the length of some of my upcoming hikes.

More later, once I'm settled in again.


_

No comments: