Thursday, July 10, 2008

people of the cloth never use foul language!

Uh-huh.

Folks really need to relax about the clergy. They're human, too. In my experience, they'll laugh at (and even tell) dirty jokes; some will swear like General Patton; many have a crude and salty sense of humor-- just like yours truly (and this blog shows me at my most restrained).

I don't mind that ol' Jesse muttered that he wants to cut Barack Obama's nuts off. I do hope that people can move beyond the supposed vulgarity of Jackson's utterance to the more important issue of the content of his sentiment: what does it say about the relationship between the two men? What does it imply for the country's future? Far more important issues than mere tone or style. Get over it, folks.


_

1 comment:

Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

I guess it proves that Jackson and Obama both have stones . . . so far.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *