Thursday, July 3, 2008

pas aussi long que prévu

Today's walk might be only around 20 or 21 miles: my host in Woodland, who lives 14 or 15 miles outside the town proper, will be picking me up in front of a Safeway in town, and dropping me off there again the morning of the Fourth (tomorrow). I'll be spending most of the Fourth walking to Vancouver.

My host in Longview just dropped me off at a lakeside park, saving me about 4 or 5 miles. This morning's dropoff point is a mile or so from where I was picked up yesterday, which would normally mean I'd have to make that distance up, but since I did those extra eight miles while at Lewis and Clark State Park, I'll consider the distance walked.

So today won't be as bad as I thought-- certainly not 29 miles. Thank goodness. The only real worry for today: the rain.


_

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where your SPOT coordinates hatte

Preppin the SPOT

Preppin the HATTE