Monday, July 28, 2008

in the tent and ready to sleep

It's a red-letter day when a vampire like me gets to bed before 10PM, but believe it or not, I'm outta here at 9:15. As was true of my previous nights in the woods (Lewis and Clark State Park and Millersylvania State Park), I think I've been very lucky to have been able to set my tent up in ideal conditions-- on a campground, in pleasant weather, with almost no wind.

I'm here at this KOA campground for three nights, leaving right before the rain (we hope). Tomorrow morning, I'm interviewing Bernice Harbaugh, the very nice lady who runs the Cascade Motel. Later in the day I'll be mailing back even more bulky "unnecessaries," and continuing to work on my route planning while also fiddling with my Solio solar charger.

Stay tuned.

_

No comments: