Saturday, June 7, 2008

wrong!

I'm not in Burlington-- I'm in Mount Vernon! When I'd spoken with Glen, he had mentioned Burlington as one of the places close to Samish Island where I could find a hotel, so I assumed, yesterday, that that was where we headed. I just checked this hotel's address, however, and nope-- not Burlington. My bad.

You know, it's all very confusing. I'm originally from the Mount Vernon area of Alexandria, Virginia, and here in Washington State I see all sorts of familiar names I associate with the east coast: Mount Vernon, Arlington, and Washington itself come readily to mind. Weird symmetry.


_

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, Kevin, I suspected that you might be in Mount Vernon, because when I did a Google search on "Best Western Burlington Washington", I discovered that there was no such animal, and the closest Best Western Motel was in Mt. Vernon.

That means you're really close to where Steven Brown is. I heard from him again and will be e-mailing you some more info about his location.