Friday, June 13, 2008

walking into Seattle today

For those keeping track:

I got turned around this morning (MapQuest said one thing while my compass clearly said another) and wasted about 70 minutes, but am now heading toward a Zen temple about 15 miles from the Extended Stay America I was in last night (I highly recommend that chain, by the way). The road I'm on was called Locust Way until I left Bothell and hit the boundary of Kenmore; now it's called 61 Place NE.

The abbot said the best time to meet him would be between 3 and 5PM, but I'll be hard-pressed to make that time, given my foot blisters and (finally!) the general hilliness of the terrain. I've had it easy thus far; now we're getting some up-and-down.

So I'd better stop here and get a-moving. Every time I blog or email or take a call on this BlackBerry, I'm obliged to stop walking, so I'm losing precious time.

And we're off!


_
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments: