Saturday, June 7, 2008

updates

1. Aspirin is your friend. Ask my lower back if you doubt this.

2. Hip sore still has a way to go. It no longer weeps as much, though, which is good.

3. I was watching a bit of HBO (horrific body odor) this morning after I woke up, and I caught a behind-the-scenes look at "Kung Fu Panda." Wanna see it.

4. With many thanks to Alan Cook and the CouchSurfing website, I have found free lodging for Monday night and am working on free lodging for Sunday. Might also have Tuesday under control if a gurdwara in Marysville comes through.

5. Thanks to Addofio for her advice and concerns. Will try for a KOA membership once I'm at a real computer again.

6. Will soon be mailing back a couple pounds of things I realize I don't need. I imagine this sort of thing will be happening many times over the course of this trip, both mailing things back and receiving care packages.

7. Am about to go shopping for a decent map of Washington. Trying to squint at maps on the BlackBerry is too strenuous for this old boy.

And that's all for the moment.


_

1 comment:

Mike said...

Hey if you need a ride somewhere if your still near Mt. Vernon I could help :) (I'm willing to drive up to pick your brain on your findings over some coffe or tea) - I'm in Birch bay..