Monday, June 9, 2008

somewhere on Marine Drive

The sun is shining for the moment; more sun has been forecast for later this week, but it's probably not going to last.

I'm somewhat beyond the halfway point, somewhere on what I think is Marine Drive. I'm pretty sure I'll still be on time for dinner, but I plan to call my generous Couchsurfing couple around 5 o'clock and give them a more accurate ETA.

I'm a little bit worried that I missed an intersection a few miles back, because I never saw a street sign confirming that I am, in fact, on Marine Drive, which is where I need to be.

While I hate to waste time resting, I know I'll hold up better (and longer), think more clearly, if I give my poor back and legs and neck a chance to recover before I press on. Now that I'm beyond the halfway point, gravity tugs ever harder at my shoulders, back, and mind.

And man-boobs.

That's right: I'm not ashamed to say it.


_

No comments: