Sunday, June 29, 2008

quick shout-out to Kelly and Denny

Kelly and Denny were the nice couple I'd met the morning I was preparing to leave Millersylvania State Park. They were walking both of Kelly's dogs, and they found the pavilion where I had laid out all my equipment and was once again charging Ye Olde BlackBerrye.

If I'm not mistaken, that trip was Denny's very first camping experience. I think they picked a perfect time to do it: the weather was pleasantly warm, there was almost no wind, and the park itself hadn't begun to fill up yet (it was Friday morning).

We talked a bit about camping, my trip across the country, the dogs (a very extroverted beagle and a Pekingese that one of the pair described as "an attention whore"), and other matters. I took the ladies' pictures and Kelly, who has a BlackBerry exactly like mine, took two of me, one of which went up on the blog.

It was fun meeting you two! I hope Denny's first experience camping will lead her to try it again. And again!

(By the way, I deleted the pic from my BlackBerry, so the way to get it is to copy and save it straight from my blog itself. Right-click on the full-size image, do a "save as," and the image is yours.)


_

No comments: