Tuesday, June 10, 2008

pic dump 4

This'll be a brief dump.

First up: lovely dead bird on the approach to Samish Island. It was rainy and dreary that day. Maybe I'm having an "American Beauty" moment.



A shot down one of the long, long roads I walked on the way to the Community of Christ campground:



The following shot shows the sign that lets you know you're now on COC turf. It's blurry because my lens had shipped some water and steamed up:



Toe damage as seen over the weekend. The blister on the pinky toe is large enough to have almost completely lifted the epidermis off the toe.



Next: under-the-toenail bruise. I acquired this bruise before the walk even started, which makes me wonder whether the toenail will eventually fall off.



And that's all for the moment!


_

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have my sympathy about the weather. The Northwest does this every once in a while. Rain right through June, that is. It happened when I was Junior in HS, living in Salem, OR--I remember feeling betrayed, like someone had broken a promise (the promise of summer).

It also occurred to me, watching the weather map on TV last night, that if this weather holds, heading east sooner rather than later might not be such a bad idea. Right now, the Northwest is the one area of the country that's cool. Crossing the desert right now wouldn't be so bad. Of course, the weather could break long before you get there. At this point, I'd recommend holding off on your final decision about when to turn east, and to take a look at the weather prediction when you get to the fork in the road (whether that's Seattle or Portland). However, given the time of year--you'll be in for some serious heat in the next few weeks regardless, I fear. I predict that at some point you'll look back on all this cool, rainy weather with longing.

Addofio (for some reason knownonly to the e-gods, Open ID didn't work)