Saturday, June 28, 2008

one ass-kicker of a walk

Although the distance isn't that great from Centralia to Lewis and Clark State Park, it's been a hellish walk thanks to the heat and all the direct sunlight (yes, Mom, I've applied lotion many times, but I just sweat it right off). Thank goodness I haven't also had to contend with major inclines!

More to come when I finally arrive at my campsite and set up camp (I got a call from the camp's office and heard that hiker/biker sites should be available in plenty; you'll recall that this is a first-come, first-serve campground, unlike Millersylvania). I'm thinking about staying there two nights; my feet are starting to ache a bit too much for my taste.


_

1 comment:

jeanie oliver said...

Kevin,
tell Alan that I sat up a couchsurfing account today. I was serious about wanting to help if you came this way.
Jeanie
The piece of pie does surely make all the walking worthwhile as far as calories being burned and all!