Friday, May 16, 2008

"Twenty miles a day with full gear and a weapon is a forced march!"

Wise words from my dad, uttered early this afternoon. He and Mom are worried about how badly yesterday's walk wiped me out. I came home stiff and sore, with blisters on both feet and a lovely sunburn on my face, neck, and forearms. This morning Dad noted that, when I flopped into bed last night and when he saw me again at 6:30AM, I hadn't changed positions once while I slept. I admit that thirty miles was pushing matters, but I needed to know whether such a walk was possible. Turns out that it was.

I'm off on some errands right now; photos later this evening, and a possible reunion with friends this weekend-- the only time I'll have to see them before I shove off.


_

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yew need sunblock... otherwise yew gunna cut walk short with burn blisters at ER. A real health concern that should be taken seriously.

Anonymous said...

Yes, don't forget your sunblock! That would be terrible. You might also want to consider carrying some Dr. Schols stuff for your feet.