Saturday, May 17, 2008

a teaser

Speaking of unkept promises (mentioned here), I haven't had the time (or, to be honest, the energy) to blog my gigantic series of walk photos, despite having said that I would. Resizing the photos and saving them in Web-friendly formats can take time, especially when the pics number in the dozens. Doing this while groggy and achy isn't good policy.

But here's a teaser of what you'll be seeing. This pic shows my turn-around point: the Mile 13 marker of the George Washington Parkway bike path. Because the start of the bike path is exactly two miles from my house, this is actually Mile 15, and it's where I turned wearily around and began the long trek back home. I offer it as evidence that, yes, I did indeed walk as far as I claimed. When you see the entire series, you'll have a much better idea of what my walk is usually like.

Without further ado:




And here's something else to tide you over: a hilarious interview with William Shatner.


_

1 comment:

Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

I never realized that Shatner was so clever.

Good luck on your walk . . . as I said already. I think.

I also think of my bike ride from Talehquah, Oklahoma to Waco, Texas way back in 1976...

Jeffery Hodges

* * *