Sunday, May 25, 2008

many thanks to my church and others

Much thanking to do. If I've missed someone in what follows, I apologize.

1. First of all, many thanks to Mr. Park Jin-keol for his kind article in the Joongang Ilbo. Our family had a chance to see the paper and were very pleased with the results. I had thought the article might appear on the front page of the Wednesday religion section, but Mr. Park told us it was on the front front page. Sure enough, there it was.





2. Thanks to two members of the Washington Korean Women's Society (WKWS) who came to my church today to offer their well-wishes. They also very kindly gave me donations to help me out. Thank you, Mrs. LaPlante and Mrs. Harding! Also, special thanks to Mrs. Cheong Burns and the rest of the Burns family for their constant kindness.

3. Thanks to Pastor Henry Kim and his wife, as well as to Assistant Pastor Jeri Fields, for their warm send-off today. I appreciate the kind gesture.



4. A big THANK YOU to my parents, who have put up with me for nearly a month as I've prepped for this adventure. Thanks as well to my brothers: David, Sean, and Mike.



5. A "Thanks in advance!" to my e-friend Steve Honeywell, who has written an article about me and my walk that will appear in an upcoming issue of the DeKalb Daily Chronicle. I've "e-known" Steve since about 1997 back when we were both writing on a site I shall not name. He's a stand-up guy. If the article becomes available online, I'll post a link to it. Might even steal it in its entirety, even though I know that's not legal. (I do that when I know an article will disappear in a short while. If, however, the Chronicle keeps open archives, I might not have to violate copyright.)

6. Many thanks to my friend Nathan Bauman, who has done his best to help out despite having to surmount some major obstacles.

7. Thank you, Mr. and Mrs. Higdon, for joining us for dinner and for your kind contribution!

8. Thanks to all friends and e-friends and acquaintances who have wished me well and/or given contributions. I deeply appreciate your support.




_

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go! Not just the front page, but the front page above the fold!

Imagine what the coverage will be like when you actually finish the walk. They'll have to devote a special edition to you.

(Are you going to post the text, or at least a larger photo of the article? I'd like to read it.)

Kevin Kim said...

Charles,

Thanks, man. I can email you the full-size photo of the article, but it goes on to a second page, and I haven't taken a pic of that. I might be able to persuade my dad or brother David to send you a pic of the article's second page (it's just a couple paragraphs).


Kevin

SJHoneywell said...

Kevin--

As far as I know, the Chronicle keeps stories on their website into perpetuity. Once you link it, it should stay linked.

--S